Thursday, September 15, 2011
John Deere 68
The left front tire would not hold air. Being it was tubeless I decided to try an old trick. First I pumped it full of air and then held the wheel under a garden hose. Sure enough, air leaked around the bead - but even better - it was only on one side. So I pried that side of the tire back a little and shot it with some lube and then pumped it up, it has held 5 days now. Checked the plug, changed oil, cleaned air and fuel filters (will need to replace them this winter), shot carb with carb cleaner, put new fuel in and charged the battery (see here).
Then on Monday I bought a new battery. Then I removed the old torn seat and replaced with one I had received for Christmas a few years ago. Thanks to Bill Shortz for the help on that. We then put a little fuel in the carb it after a couple of cranks it fired up.
Here are the kids riding it.