Monday, July 4, 2011

The Winamac Power Show and Dad's 1937 Model A John Deere

The Winamac or Northern Indiana Power from the Past show is celebrating 34 years this year.  For most of those 34 years Dad has had a 1937 John Deere A.  My 2 brothers and I always wanted to put the tractor in the show, but many years we were on vacation that week.  Dad was always reluctant.  I never have figured out why.  He passed in '04 so unless he said something to mom...
My younger brother, Kole, and I put up the shed in the background in the fall of 2003.  Older brother, Kirk, was there for the tear down and clean up of the old shed.  I think we got the new one up before he was able to get back down here to help.  (Kole says that is why it went up so fast and square.) I think we finished late October, so Dad had 3 months to enjoy it.  I was planning on pushing him on the A that following year because now he had no excuses.  That sucker showed me.  Anyway, and I think I speak for Kirk and Kole here, those events increased my determination to get that tractor running and into the show.
I pulled the tractor out of the shed on Saturday night and went back yesterday (Sunday) to drain all of the fluids.  Here is the transmission fluid.
For added effect - here is the video:

Right now I am researching the best way to clean out that sludge.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment